Friday, November 7, 2008

Oh how lovely...

Yesterday was an amazing day. Where did I go? The birthplace of the Restoration: Palmyra, New York! It was a cool, but unseasonable warm morning. But lots of foggy-fog was out and about. It made for some beautiful scenes.

My mum works at the church's sites down there. Before my session at the temple she took me to go see the "Gold Plates." She was pretty excited about it... and kept saying "Just wait and see." Mum works for the FM (facilities management) group and gave a tour in her GO-Kart.

So after a scenic drive through a bit of the 500 acre field the church leases out, Mum shows me a large piece of metal on the ground. She hoists it up and TA-DAH! There was a big hole in the ground... Playing Indiana Jones I looked inside, brushed around some leaves and discovered two sets of "Gold Plates" and a Plastic Liahona. Funny Funny. And no angels required.

Other highlights? A wonderful session at the Palmyra Temple. Lots of people saying "You know, I have daughter." Others point out how cute the sisters at the sites are. Chatting with a bunch of locals from Kaysville. And McDonald's for lunch (I love parfaits!).

Last of All I took a walk through the Sacred Grove. I can't adequately describe how much that place means to me, so I wont try. But seeing it in its fall colors was striking. It was a good day.




For more pictures check out my facebook albums.

No comments: